Welcome back everyone! I just got back from an exhilarating trip with my lonesome to Chicago, IL. Let me just start things off by saying this; if you have not had the opportunity to explore a city solely on your own, do it as soon as possible. And, if you are even so inclined to do so, make it Chicago. I know you’re thinking that for me it’s a biased choice since I went to Architecture School, and you may be right. BUT! It is truly one of most exhilarating, beautiful, intriguing, and well crafted cities in the United States. I won’t bore you with the details in text, so I’ll just post some photos that I took along the way with some quick notes.
(1) The View from the apartment in Lincoln Park (2) This awesome pizza place, DIY, Home Made
(3) Night time view from my balcony (4) Omelet from Nookie’s Dinner
(5) Lincoln Park Apple Store, Phenomenal Architecture (6) View around scenic Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL
(7) The Red Line (8) Sculpture in Old City, Chicago, IL
(9) Old City, chicago, IL (10) Poppyseed Pancakes at Nookie’s Dinner
(11) Frank Gehry Pavillion at Millenium Park (12) Frank Gehry Pavillion at Millenium Park
(13) N. Michigan Apple Store (14) N. Michigan Apple Store
(15) Big Marilyn Monroe Sculpture (16) Aqua Tower, (this is the number one building I wanted to see while in Chicago)
(17) Cloud Gate Sculpture, Millenium Park (18) Typical Cloud Gate picture
(19) Up and early for the sunrise (20) A 3D model of Downtown Chicago
(21) Monadnock Building (22) Interior of the Monadnock Building
(23) Intelligentsia Coffee (some of the best) (24) One of the ferries on the river
(25) The Marina City Towers (always a beauty) (26) The Sears Tower (always a majestic building)
(27) Had to get a souvenir (28) Back to the same studio view. Checking Stats.